Our Covid-19 (coronavirus) updates
(Last Updated 25th January 2021)
We are still open!
However, with the ongoing global pandemic, things are looking a little different for all of us, and that includes the Muddy Pearl HQ. We will keep you updated here about how we are operating as the situation develops. You can also follow our socials for daily info.
Following the government advice of 6th January to avoid all unnecessary travel and to work from home where possible, our office will remain closed until further notice. Here’s what this means for us and for you:
Orders and deliveries
The good news is, we are still sending out orders, while following guidelines to keep everyone safe.
- We prepare orders in a sanitary environment and take full safety precautions. We use cardboard book wraps, which are better for the environment and safer than plastic envelopes. It has been shown the virus can survive for 24 hours on cardboard; if you have a concern about anything being picked up in-transit, we recommend wiping down before handling, using gloves, recycling packaging immediately and washing your hands straight after.
- We send out all orders by second class post, which normally takes 2-3 working days, but Royal Mail are currently saying timescales could be longer. We aim to send them out within 24 hours on a weekday, but at busy times and when there are difficulties accessing stock of certain titles, it can take longer. We will email you to inform you if we anticipate a delay.
- If your order is urgent, for example if it is a gift for a special occasion, please email us. We can offer gift wrapping and can write a gift message and send direct to the recipient.
We’re still working on publishing some lovely new books to release this year, and we are aware that books which offer hope are greatly needed at this time. Our printers and distributors have adopted a good system of health and safety measures, and are operating almost normally. Do keep an eye out on our website and social media for latest updates on new releases, or please sign up to our newsletter.
Where to buy
- If you know us by now, you’ll know that we believe in the importance of local bookshops. Many local bookshops – Christian bookshops and independent general bookshops – are offering ‘phone and collect’ or even a ‘click and collect’ service, whereby you can order safely in advance from the bookshop and collect safely from their door. Do check your local bookshop and see if they can offer this service.
- You can order our books online, and there are a number of options.
- Amazon is not always best or quickest. This is because we don’t deal directly with them; they obtain our books through a wholesaler. It is usually quickest to order from our website, but you can also order from the websites of other bookshops. We’d recommend Faith Mission, CLCbookshops, Eden.co.uk, Waterstones, glo to name a few
- Bookshop.org is a revolutionary new e-tailer specializing in books, while raising money for local bookshops. We have a shopfront on there too
We’re working on producing more ebooks and audiobooks of our titles, and this could be an alternative way to get your reading in.
We’ve had some staff changes over the last few months. This might mean you’ll notice a change in the way some things are communicated or completed, and might mean some things have to be repeated. Please bear with us, and we will do everything we can to get you what you need.
We’re still open! Online – get in touch with us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, or email, and shop for your favourite books online to help get you through this latest lockdown!
Muddy Pearl Contact Details
If you'd prefer to contact us via telephone or post our contact details are as follows:
Telephone: +44 (0) 131 4479 787
Write to: Muddy Pearl, Mull | Central Hall, 2 West Tollcross, Edinburgh EH3 9BP Scotland UK